Sunday, February 28, 2016

A couple of weeks in Buda!

Note:  Here's a couple weeks of updates from Andrew in just one post: 


February 20th 

 Work is going well! This week was actually pretty interesting because my companion has been sick pretty much all week. He ate some sushi from the grocery store (he did not heed my warnings) and it just tore him apart. So we really haven't been able to do much. He either went with another elder (who also happened to be sick) and slept all day while I took care of office work, or he came in, and toughed it out and then we just went home and slept after. So yeah, it's been an interesting week, but he is feeling a lot better now! We do have regular missionary work to do in addition to work in the mission office. We have investigators and teach people. Still trying to get into the new routine and adjust after the transfer and get to know the people we meet with, but we have some solid people and I'm hoping to meet with some people that I used to teach when I was here before!

It was a lot of fun at church on Sunday as I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen for quite a long time! I'm really glad I came back to Buda! There are currently 8 missionaries in the ward. Us (the secretaries), the APs, the sisters and another companionship of elders. I actually like all the people as well so it's been fun! 

While my companion slept off his sushi, I went on splits and got to visit an awesome new convert! Elder Robinson (my trainer) taught her, so I had already heard a lot about her! She is such a sweet lady and cooked an amazing dinner too! Here's a few pictures from our visit:







February 27th


This week went pretty well! Everyone is back to full health and luckily it seems I was able to avoid the sickness going around (don't want to jynx it though....). I will try and take some pictures in the office this next week to send to you guys, but I might forget again. I will do my best, I know I'm not great at taking pictures... For p-day we are actually planning on going for a hike! We're going with Elder Priest (my former companion from Kispest and yes he's serving in Buda now too!) and his companion and maybe a few members or something. I actually do know a lot of the missionaries in the district. Buda usually tends to be older missionaries, so most of the people I know, or even just am familiar with because I've been out for so long, so it's been fun so far getting to do some fun stuff with friends! There isn't anyone from the group I came out with, but all of them are within a couple groups around me. We also have an office couple in here with us. They're the Simkins and they are super awesome!  They always bring us treats and stuff. So that's fun as well. The work is picking up a little bit. With transfers and illnesses, it's been kind of weird the past couple of weeks, but there is this super cool family that we meet with thats going to come to church this week! (hopefully) The son is 19 or so and they are really interested in the church, so that's cool! I'm also hoping to meet soon with some of the people that I used to teach, so we will see how all that goes!
I am praying for my friend Chris and his mom Sarah and the family.  I do check on his site as much as I can which is nice, and I"m grateful to see he's making a lot of progress quickly! I am praying and thinking about them everyday. All we can do is trust in the Lord that everything will work out. 
The weather has been pretty nice here. Like spring has already come. Some days, I don't need a jacket or anything. But then it usually rains and goes back to a little chillier, but I think the spring will be here quite soon! The weather is nice today, so we are gonna go out and enjoy it!  
Hope you all have another great week Love you lots!

Elder Dalton




No comments:

Post a Comment