Sunday, February 14, 2016

Back to Budapest!

Hey there!
 
Sorry that I didn't get to write last week. Kind of got cheated out of a p-day last week. 
 
Yeah, so I will update you a little bit on the past week, starting off with my last week in Pápa. Nothing too exciting really, just a lot of goodbyes. But we were actually in Győr for splits (yes, that was lots of fun, getting to see a lot of people before I left for good) and got to go to a baptism for a girl that I knew when I was there! She's a young girl and super sweet and I was really glad to see her get baptized!  
We were at a game night at the branch house in Győr, when I got a call from President Szabadkai, and he said that I was going to be the new mission secretary and that I'm leaving on Sunday! I was pretty surprised and didn't see that one coming whatsoever, but excited too! I did have to leave out a few goodbyes planned for the next week, but we basically went back, met with a few people, I bore my testimony in church and then packed up and left! 
 
So then the beginning of this week, I was getting trained by the secretary I'm replacing (one of my good friends on the mission), trying to learn all the stuff that I need to before he leaves. So we were pretty busy just figuring stuff out, but I think I got the hang of it! I'm really not super overloaded with work, but have enough to keep me busy. Basically, I am in charge of sending out letters and organizing everything for incoming and departing missionaries, managing apartment rentals, and inputting baptismal records. There are a few other things along with day to day tasks, but those are the big ones. But I  actually like it a lot so far! Kind of nice getting a little change of pace! And I'm super pumped to meet with a lot of the people that I used to meet with when I was a greenie! It's gonna be awesome! And I'm actually in a trio (for the time being) with Elders Craig and Krueger. They are both cool guys and I like them a lot, but Craig is just staying a little bit to train Krueger more (he's also new) and then will probably leave at some point. So we will see what happens with that. 
 
I'm also excited for church tomorrow because then I'll get to see a lot of members and people that I knew! Should be a really great time! I am pretty excited about it and hope it will be a good experience!
 
Oh, and winter is pretty much over. It has been a little colder recently and rained, but I still feel like winter is ending, which I am not mad about, because I am pretty ready for spring!!! And we don't really know what we're going to do with our pday today, since it's still raining, but we will try and find something fun in the big city! Maybe see some old friends as well! Oh and my p-days will now be on Saturdays. So look forward to that!  Anyway, love you all lots and hope you have a great week!!!!
 
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment