Monday, March 9, 2015

First week in Győr




      So yeah, this has definitely been a super interesting week, but really liking things in Győr so far. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to everybody in Pécs, especially when I only got to stay there for such a short time, and it was all very unexpected, but Győr is definitely the best place I could have come to!  The ward over here is super great. Lots of youth and really cool people, so that has been fun. Also, there are these three kids who got baptized about a month ago or so that we work with, and they are super awesome. 
Baptism of  Erik, Jázmin and Aladdin
Their names are Erik (13), Jázmin (9), and Aladdin (14). They honestly have some super hard home lives, and so the church has been a huge help for them. They are really good kids who are just stuck in a tough situation. They are totally awesome though, and having them here has definitely helped me adjust. Already love them like my younger brothers and sister.

Some other fun stuff we did this week, we went ice skating with one of our investigators (no pictures on my camera, but I'll get my comp to send me some later), and we went to this little zoo with a member family to look at two baby white tigers that the zoo just got! Super adorable and a lot of fun.  Everything's been going well and starting to make the adjustment.  The work is good over here and things are well! Győr is a super beautiful city (hopefully I'll have more pictures of the city next week.) 

So we also went to visit this couple that we are teaching, and they are seriously the coolest ever! The guy is in a rockband and plays concerts most weekends up in Budapest, so we got to talk a lot of music, and they are just a super cool couple!!! The girl actually had a big bag of pancake mix from Canada, so we actually got to have real American pancakes with real syrup!!! It was seriously the most delicious thing ever and made me feel like I was right back at home. Lots of fun.

Miss you all and hope everything is well! Love you all and hope you have a great week! We will talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Dalton

P.S. Sorry, ran out of time on my computer, just one picture.... next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment