Friday, September 19, 2014

MTC Over and Out!

Sziasztok mindenki!!! 

So today is the last update that I am going to be writing from the MTC!!! That means the next time that I write you I am going to be in Hungary!!! Super weird to imagine, but I am more than excited about it!!! So we are flying out early Monday morning from Salt Lake City. We connect over to Chicago, then out to London, and then to Budapest!!! I think  Chicago to London is about 9 hours, so that might be a bit of a rough one, but hopefully I can just catch up on some sleep. 
This week has been a whole lot of getting ready to leave!!! Today we had to buy a bunch of stuff and are working on packing everything! Now it's actually starting to feel like we're actually gonna get to go to Hungary!!! We are all sooooo excited, but I really did love the MTC. I had a ton of fun and met a lot of great people, and it will be a little bitter sweet leaving.  I will be sad, but don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get out there and start helping some real people! And it's crazy too how fast it has gone by! The days do get pretty long, and in the middle it was a little daunting with so much time, but looking back, it seems like just yesterday I was back home on good old MDI!!! 
Anyway, this past week was pretty crazy, because as I said before, this was consecration week, meaning that we only spoke Hungarian all week. It was SUPER hard but I feel like I improved so much. It was extra hard because there are only 12 of us who speak Hungarian, while everyone else in our zone is speaking their own language, so it was really difficult to speak to each other. I felt like I improved so much though. Don't get me wrong, it's still a super hard language, and when I get out to Hungary, I will probably be able to understand absolutely nothing because they all speak so dang fast... But it has become so much more natural with speaking and stuff. And believe it or not, at the end of the week when we finished our Hungarian, it was weird speaking to each other in English again!!! Not that we forget it or anything, it was just a little strange for a little while. But in just a few days, it's going to be all Hungarian all the time, so hopefully I can get used to it!!!

Yeah, other than consecration week not a lot happened, but I promise that next week's post is going to be a little more interesting!!! Hopefully I have a little bit more to say about my first week in Hungary! It's a little bit weird coming down to the end though. Our class is a lot more relaxed now, and our teachers tell us a lot of stories from their missions in Hungary. It seems like the more we talk about the people, the more excited I am to just go out there! If you have the time, look up some Hungarian history, because they are a country that has been through a lot. Our teacher was telling us about it , and it's unbelievable how many times they have been taken over by other countries. And this is all recent history too. Our teacher told us that they have just been constantly overtaken, that now that they have their freedom, they don't even know what to do with it. She said that just about anyone over the age of 30 has seen war and have basically been unhappy their entire lives. They don't have a lot of faith in themselves, because they have their freedom now, but they just are waiting for someone to come and take it from them soon enough, because that's just what happened for years. The reason I am here on my missin is to help these people. Help people who have never been happy in their entire life and really don't believe they can ever be happy. I just know how much my life has been blessed because of the gospel and I can bring people on the other side of the world the same happiness that I've experienced my entire life. We really are fortunate people, and it's easy to take what we have for granted. I am so grateful for my family and my friends and everyone back home. I am so excited for this chance to spread some joy and help people in this world, and I ask you all now reading this blog to try and do the same this week. I'm not going to be able to do a lot this week since I won't be able to speak much, but I'm am just going to try and bring a smile and hope that I can change at least one persons day for the better with that. There's always good we can do in the world, even if it's just going through the day with a smile on your face. Just try and take some time this week to stop and think about all the amazing things you have, and I promise that everything will be better and that you can be a happy person because of it. Let me know if any of you have a good experience with this, and I will try and do the same and update you all next week.

I am so excited for this amazing opportunity I have to serve. I thank you so much everyone for supporting me, or even just reading my blog. To hear that people are actually interested in the things that I am doing, really motivates me to work even harder. By this time next week, I will be writing you all (from a crazy weird Hungarian computer) and hopefully have some good experiences to share with you all too. Love you all and thanks for the support!!!

Sziasztok!!!

Elder Dalton


No comments:

Post a Comment